TimeSync, get it like when something is a "time sink" but I changed "sink" to "sync" cause I do sound stuff. I am very clever.

6.12.16

Week 9 - Wrap Up(?)

Hey folks.

As you can see I did nothing for now two weeks in a row. Some family stuff came up last week, and while I did record one thing with Victor it didn't go well (as outlined here). It was actually really fun and lifted my spirits quite a bit. A personal, rather than creative success.

I have some good news. The great content drought of November/December 2016 is nearing it's end. A short film I did sound on has achieved that mythical status "Picture Lock". This means I am in the clear to start working on it. And unlike the usual content for this blog, other people are depending on me for this - which means I will actually do it and do it well. So that's great! But it probably won't be posted online till the spring (maybe who knows). Which isn't great. But fear not, I've developed a plan.

I'm gonna do an in depth post on my work on the film. Either in the form of multiple posts over the course of post production, or one giant post at the end of it all. In addition I'm gonna go ham on a bit of a tradition I started some years back, the post sound timelapse. I have a few uploaded to the web, here are the good ones if you're interested. Now that I'm no longer at Fox, I won't have to reserve time in the studio, which means I won't need to pull all nighters like when I was in college. This might not make for as compelling timelapses though. If I only work in like 3 hour sections every day, it might not be as cool, but I'm gonna try regardless.

So that's the plan. No rolls for this week, and maybe next week too depending on how long this thing takes. But stay tuned, things are coming, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment