TimeSync, get it like when something is a "time sink" but I changed "sink" to "sync" cause I do sound stuff. I am very clever.

13.11.16

Week 6 - Shoot Anything and Edit It - Juniors Abroad 2K15

This one is a bit of a cheat. I shot all of the footage two years ago and had it half edited already. But I thought it was time that I get around to finishing it. But hey, if I didn't cheat this week, you wouldn't have gotten anything.

After every spring semester my alma mater (lmao wut) gives the opportunity for Juniors to go on one of a handful of trips abroad. I chose to go on the "Seville, Spain to London, England" trip with four of my friends and a bunch of randos who we eventually befriended. It was a really good time full of good memories. This vid gives me fuzzy feelings. I hope you like it.


The style of edit I chose was pretty much dictated by a couple things. 1) I knew I wanted to use the song "Americans Abroad" by Against Me, cause duh; 2) I had over 300 clips, and if I wanted to give each of them a spotlight the video would be like a half hour long. So I made this thing choppy as all get out. The second song/half of the video came from needing to make the video longer, and also giving it a more personal touch. In my old age I've gotten soft. Anyway, maybe some day I'll make a longer style video? But seeing as it took me a year and a half to even get this five minute video out, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I could probably do several posts recounting the memories of this trip. And hey maybe I will. Also, we spent like five days in London but I got lazy and stopped filming everything. Which is a bummer cause London was a good time.

I'll go ahead and dedicate this post to the boys. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment