TimeSync, get it like when something is a "time sink" but I changed "sink" to "sync" cause I do sound stuff. I am very clever.

16.10.16

Week 2: Wrap Up

Thus ends my most successful week yet, because I did everything (compared to the one other week). It was a pretty easy week what with two theory activities and only one practice, but still.

First of the week was my write up on artist Stanley Donwood. I'm pretty happy with it. I don't often, or ever, write about art but I think I was pretty clear with my points and examples. I really liked looking back through his work. Good artist. Go look if you haven't read that post. Or don't.

Next up was "Write about anything", a loosey goosey activity with 0 guidelines. I chose to write about the fear of failure, something that's been pretty dominant all my life and especially recently. I think it's pretty good. I actually think I did a decent job about being honest and still entertaining. There is no real organization in it, and I mostly wrote stream of conscious which I like to do. If you don't like that though, beware. I don't know. It felt nice to write about.

Lastly was my late, but only because of a prior engagement and not because I'm bad, "Work on Jonesy and the Big Chap". I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but it was insightful and I think I'll be better for it going forward on this side project. Who knows if it'll ever happen.

This week I watched a few things for once. I watch The 13th, a documentary on Netflix - it was great everyone should watch it. Lauren and I also watched through all of Stranger Things. I wasn't sure if it was going to live up to the hype, and while I have my gripes and nitpicks it was an amazing show. I was pleased that it wasn't just "HEY REMEMBER THE E I G H T I E S???" which was a big worry going in. But no, it actually had a reason and used the setting well. I also watched all available episodes of FX's Atlanta. I was quite charmed, so I'll be keeping up with episodes as they come out. That was all the media I consumed.

Now for the rolls.
3, 5, 20 (which requires the roll of a D6, which was a 1)

That is, analyze on of my favorite album; analyze on of my favorite songs (hopefully I'll be better at analyzing music this week), and the third will be a bit of a mix. A year or so ago me and a few friends recorded a role playing game, and I never got around to editing it. Here's the plan, it'll be a mix of "record a podcast" and record a radio play". The podcast is recorded, but the parts that are "in the game" I will treat like a radio play, sound effects and all.

I plan on spending a lot of time on that activity, but if I have extra time I rolled one more time and got 17 (another Music Video sans music). So we'll see if I have time for that, no promises and I don't necessarily feel obligated to do that.

Looking forward to this week. See you out there.