TimeSync, get it like when something is a "time sink" but I changed "sink" to "sync" cause I do sound stuff. I am very clever.

30.10.16

Week 4: Wrap Up/Roll Update

Hey folks.

So obviously this week was light on content. My apologies for that, I got pretty burned out after working hard on the only piece of content I have to present this week. Which, by the way:

Everybody is John was released this week (if I word it like this it makes it seem like people wanted this). So this project was a two parter, and I had a brief write up last week. Last week was putting everything together and cutting out the filler. So what I did this week was massaging the edits to be less obvious and adding all the sound effects. I'm still proud of this a week later, and I've actually gotten really positive feedback. It's an hour and fifteen minutes long, and you can download it and listen to it "on the go" or you can also not listen to it. But I worked very hard on it and it is actually entertaining if you ask me or a handful of other people. Also huge shouts out to Victor, Austin, John, and Joseph for doing this oh so long ago.

But that was it for this week. Yeah I know. I was burned out and got pretty busy with Halloween parties and such. I also was an actor for a couple of Fox students recently, so that took some of my time as well. And maybe I'll post those as they are released. But I'm making up for this lack of content by providing you with an updated roll list.

Roll List v2
  1. Write a short story/script 
  2. Watch a movie I’ve never seen and review it 
  3. Analyze one of my favorite albums 
  4. Analyze one of my favorite movies 
  5. Analyze one of my favorite songs 
  6. Write about a director/cinematographer/etc. I love 
  7. Write about anything 
  8. Read, write about it if it’s interesting 
  9. Take notes on a film as I watch it 
  10. Analyze the sound of a scene 
  11. Recreate the sound of a scene 
  12. Mix a song 
  13. Video Essay 
  14. Write/record a radio play 
  15. Shoot something, anything and edit it 
  16. Record one Podcast 
  17. Music video without music 
  18. Work on Jonesy and the Big Chap animation 
  19. Create/record 2 sound effects/build sfx library 
  20. Roll a D-6. If even, pick any activity 1-10; if odd pick 11-20
I only changed three rolls, which were "Listen to an album I've never heard", "Write about an artist", and "Change the sound of a scene entirely". Hopefully no one was looking forward to any of those. But I needed to cut down on music ones and wanted to add some creative writing. I'm not big on 9 and 12, but who knows. Maybe they'll be great. Maybe I'll change them again.

Also I'm gonna switch up the rules here. Following more classically in suit with my father blog, I'm gonna start rolling five times, and do at least three, and fit more in if I have time. I think giving myself some wiggle room will be good. Or maybe I will just fail two more times a week. Anyway, enough house keeping, the rolls for this week:

2, 3, 11, 12, 10

Those are "Watch a movie I've never seen and write about it," "Analyze one of my favorite albums," "Recreate the sound of a scene," "Mix a song," and finally "Analyze the sound of a scene". I'm pretty excited to tackle these, maybe with the exclusion of mixing a song, but only because that requires procuring a song. But we'll see what I can get done! See you in a week. And also, days in between that week.