TimeSync, get it like when something is a "time sink" but I changed "sink" to "sync" cause I do sound stuff. I am very clever.

20.11.16

Week 7: Wrap Up

Hey everyone, long time no see.

This week was probably my most successful, although it might not look like it. I only did two things, but both were fairly involved practice activities.  This was all in addition to running sound on a shoot on Tuesday and Wednesday for some friends who are still at Fox.

The shoots on Tuesday and Wednesday went pretty well, Wednesday went until 5am, but I actually miss those kinds of shoots. I did a good job on sound and from what I saw it's gonna look great (thanks to the eyes of friend-of-the-show David Ridder).


















(These are the only pictures I have from set.)

I'm really looking forward to doing post sound on this film. Updates on that whenever it happens.

But onto things pertaining to this blog. For "Record a Podcast", Thursday I recorded an hour and a half conversation with my friend Victor (who incidentally runs my father blog). I have a couple episodes worth of Podcast probably, but for this week I settled on us discussing both of our D20 blogs. This was an easy yet time consuming project, I had a pretty good grasp on how to edit a podcast from my work on "Everyone is John" a couple weeks ago. I'm reasonably pleased with this. There isn't much creativity involved, but content is content.

Next up though is the time stealer, "Shoot Anything and Edit It" and while I cheated because I didn't film this footage, I did edit it and I did shoot something. I'm really really happy with this, it's probably tied with "Everyone is John" for my favorite thing I've made for this blog. I went into detail on what I did for this video, and I'm pretty happy with that portion of the post. I, at least, think it's fairly interesting. So check it out and see if you do too (you won't).


Overall I'm really happy with this week. I only did 2/3 of my intended projects, but if you count shooting for two days and the fact that the two projects I did were practice activities, it adds up to me being fine with it. But what does this new week hold?

17, 14, 9, 18, 13. Wow, that's a lot of Practice Activities, let's take a closer look:

Music Video Without Music (good lord, again?); Write/Record a Radio Play; Take Notes on a Film as I Watch It; Work on Jonesy and the Big Chap; Video Essay.

Well. It looks like a busy week. But keep in mind Thanksgiving is this week, and I don't know when I'll need to start working on post for that short film. With all that said, I'm once again hopeful for this week.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment